Wednesday 17 July 2013

Ramen Dreams Chef Picks The Five Best Ramen Shops in the US

A fanatic ramen chef, Keizo Shimamoto, who eats 600 bowls a year, has picked his 5 favorite ramen shops in the US. Los Angeles did pretty well and I was surprised not to see SF on the list.  Here’s an excerpt, read the full story to see the list:

If you know me, then you know ramen rules my life. So when I was asked to compile a list of my top five ramen shops in the United States, then you know that this was no easy task. In the past six years I’ve probably slurped more bowls of ramen than any other American, including “a dream ramen journey” throughout Japan, spanning 21 cities and 55 bowls in 28 days, but there’s still very much that I need to learn about this freakish noodle dish. I initially moved to Japan to study how to make ramen because there wasn’t much I could consider “quality ramen” stateside — but with the “ramen boom” finally crossing the Pacific, there are several shops that deserve recognition.

What’s better is that you can also watch the full (short) movie called Ramen Dreams, which follows Keizo as he follows his ramen dream to a Tokyo. You can also just watch it below:


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment